If you’ve ever browsed online sportsbooks in Arizona, then you’ve probably seen an ad or two for free bonus offers. These new customer offers often come in the form of a risk-free first bet, and in this article, we will explore everything there is to know about risk-free bets in Arizona.
Guide to risk-free bets Arizona
Our guide covers the most important aspects of risk-free betting, starting with information on how these bets work. Then, we’ll talk about the different forms risk-free bets come in, as well as the differences between risk-free bet offers and other types of free bet bonuses.
We will also talk about the pros and cons of risk-free bet opportunities and some of the stipulations and terms you must meet when using them. Further, we’ll talk about tips and strategies for making the most of these bets and avoiding too much risk.
Then, we’ll discuss the top five Arizona sportsbooks and their corresponding risk-free bet offers before we answer frequently asked questions about the topic.
Top list of risk-free bets AZ sites
Best risk-free bet Arizona bonuses
Arizona sportsbooks typically offer risk-free bets to new customers as a sign-up bonus. When you register for a new account with an online sports betting site, they will offer you the chance to make a first bet. If you win that bet, you get to take your payout. However, if you lose, you get another chance at a bet, and the bonus kicks in.
It’s important to note that risk-free bets aren’t inherently risk-free. There is still no guarantee that you will turn a profit since you can’t guarantee you will win your risk-free bet.
When the sportsbook gives you the bonus, it often comes in the form of a site credit refund, which you can use as “cash”. You get to make a wager with this credit, and if you win the bet, you get back your stake and a profit.
How much are these risk-free bets worth?
Depending on what type of risk-free bet bonus you unlock, you may have your wager matched in full, or you may receive a percentage of your wager to bet with. For example, at Draftkings sportsbook, if you wager $500, your bonus will only be $100 since their bonuses are only worth 20% of your deposit.
How do risk-free bets differ from other free bets?
Although risk-free bets may seem similar to free bet offers, there are a few key differences. First, risk-free bets are basically only offered as welcome bonuses to new sportsbook customers. Further, risk-free bets are often higher in monetary value; they go up to $2,000 sometimes, while a regular free bet usually offers only up to $20 or so.
Pros and cons of making risk free bets with AZ sportsbooks
Pros of risk-free betting bonuses – Arizona
- They offer longer odds – While most bets only last as long as the event lasts (with the exception of futures), risk-free bets are a great chance to stretch out a bet. And when you think about your likelihood of winning, it increases with more bets (two is better than one).
- They’re fun – Risk-free bets are a fun betting opportunity if nothing else. You get a chance to return your stake and a profit in some cases, which is more exciting to take part in than your typical bets.
- They aren’t too difficult to make – One pro of risk-free bets is that they are pretty easy to understand. They often come in the form of a straight bet, which is one of the easiest sports bets to make. And the terms and conditions are pretty straightforward.
- They offer greater potential than regular free bets – Risk-free bets also have an advantage over other free bets (or regular bets in general) since they offer to match you back hundreds and, in some cases even thousands, of dollars.
Cons of risk-free betting bonuses
- They can be misleading – While the bonus is a lucrative offer, you aren’t guaranteed to even receive that bonus. If you win your first bet, the offer doesn’t activate. You really are putting your deposit at risk and don’t have any guarantees.
- It can cost you – In some risk-free bonus offers, you have to bet a lot in order for the bonus to really pay off. This can be risky and could put you into debt.
- There are stringent rules – You also need to keep in mind that there are terms and conditions to your bets. You need to place them before the offer expires and make the right type of bet in order for it to be eligible.
Tips for making risk free bets in Arizona
Here are some tips for making risk free bets:
- Bet on the favored competitor. You may want to do this if you don’t care to take a second chance. The favored competitor is likely to win in a risk-free bet, so if you do, you can take your winnings and move on.
- Be careful not to overdo it. As exciting as it is to reap the bonuses, be careful not to get too enticed and sign up for a bunch of sportsbooks to get a bunch of offers. This could mess with your bankroll.
- Make the most of your bonus offer by betting as much as you can get out of the bonus. If you really think you’ll lose your first bet and want a big Arizona sportsbook bonus offer, this is the way to go.
Consider the terms and conditions of risk-free bets Arizona
Below are some of the common terms you might face when using a risk-free bet offer at an online sportsbook in Arizona:
- Expiration date – once your bonus offer gets activated, you will likely have a time period in which you have to use it (usually no more than 30 days)
- Activation date – after your first bet loses, there may be a period of time you have to wait before your bonus activates (some sportsbooks make you wait 72 hours)
- Method of bonus credit – depending on the sportsbook, your bonus credit may come in the form of cash, site credit, or a free bet(s)
- Number of bets – you also need to check and see whether your bonus will get credited as a single bet or multiple bets
- Odds requirement – check to see if the sportsbook requires a minimum odds for your bet (typically -200, if at all)
Best risk-free bonuses among Arizona sportsbooks
There are several online sportsbooks available in Arizona that offer generous risk-free bets as a welcome bonus.
William Hill Arizona risk-free welcome bonus
At “America’s No. 1 Sportsbook”, you have the chance to earn a risk-free sign-up bet worth a maximum of $500. If you lose your first bet, your offer lasts for seven days after activation.
Pointsbet double welcome bonus
At Pointsbet, you have the potential to get more in bonuses than you can at any other sportsbook mentioned in this article. Their risk-free bets offer consists of one fixed odds bet capped at $500 and one Pointsbet valued at $1,500.
BetMGM Arizona risk-free bet
At BetMGM, new customers can avail of an exciting, risk-free bet, as well. In addition, you get to take a bonus bet credit worth up to $600 if your first bet loses.
Draftkings AZ risk-free bet
At the “King of Sportsbooks”, you can avail of a risk-free first bet worth up to $1,000 in the form of site credits. Note that your bonus will only match your deposit by 20%, so you have to put in a lot of stakes for this bonus.
Fanduel AZ risk free bet
At Fanduel sportsbook in Arizona, you can get a risk-free first bet valued at a maximum of $1,000 if your first bet is a losing bet. You get this in the form of a site credit refund.
FAQ’s About Risk-free bets Arizona
What are the requirements for unlocking a risk-free sports bet?
At any sportsbook, you just need to be a first-time customer, register for a sportsbook account, and in some cases, place a minimum first deposit. Of course, you’ll also need to meet the terms and conditions of the specific risk-free bet offer.
What is a “site credit refund”?
This term refers to risk-free bets, and it refers to the money the sportsbook awards you when you lose your risk-free bet. It’s money you receive to use specifically to place a do-over wager at the sportsbook you received it from.
Do risk-free bets allow you to get your stake back?
Yes, if you lose your bet, then unlock the second chance with a risk-free bet. You have a chance to get your stake back if the site offers the bonus in the form of a site credit refund. If you win the second-chance bet, you get back your stake and a profit.
Should I sign up for more than one sportsbook to get offers?
Although it may seem like this method gives you more bonuses, this can become a slippery slope. You don’t want to be in the position of losing money in multiple places since, after all, risk-free bets don’t guarantee “no risk”.
How long do risk-free bets last?
Your risk-free bet often activates once you lose your first bet at the sportsbook offering the bonus. And then, once it activates, you typically have somewhere between seven and 30 days to use it.